This is last week's email because it accidentally didn't send so you just get double the fun this week :)
This week has been a party! Missionary work with three people is a little different but I actually love it. I'm learning so much! And not to mention that my Spanish is rapidly improving because one of my companions is from Argentina and doesn't speak any English. And they are both hilarious! I love them so much. Hermana Fernández can talk really fast and she makes us laugh super hard every time she starts on one of her "rants". Hahaha.
Today we went to segovia again for pday because my new companions hadn't seen it yet and Villalba is the closest area so that was a party. But sooooo hot.
My companions love contacting in the street so that's nice. We play a fun little tag game where we all contact separate (because we don't want to bombard people with three of us) but we still have to stay within sight and sound haha. It makes life interesting that's for sure.
I got to introduce my new comps to all of our friends this week and they instantly fell in love. It's so fun to watch them experience the exact same thing that I went through when I first got here. It really is so easy to love the people but it makes it so much harder when they don't want to accept the thing that will make them so much happier.
Oh and since they took the elders out of Villalba, we had to do a bit of cleaning up in their piso. And we discovered amazingly nice mattresses in their house. And since we had to use our terrible extras to fit the third person, we decided to switch them out to be a little comfier. So we lugged mattresses back and forth probably about a quarter mile (but felt like I don't know how far with extremely heavy mattresses) and I think we were quite the entertainment for all the people enjoying their lovely evening and the three crazy girls laughing their heads off and dragging mattresses through the streets.
One of the most memorable citas this week was with a kid named alex. I think he's got 20 something years and he claims to be ateo. Umm I think that's called atheist in English. As we talked to him, he explained his views and we explained ours and I really just gained an even stronger testimony that God really is there and everything around us testifies of that fact. The fact that we know that we have a Heavenly father who loves us and helps us every single day is so amazing and brings us so much hope in every moment. God is there. I know that with all my heart.
I hope you all had a really good week! And if you see my family in the next few days wish them luck because they're about to to be world travelers! Also wish my amazing madre a happy birthday this Friday! She's the best example I could ever ask for of every skill I could ever possibly need!! Love you all!
Hermana Pendleton





Comments
Post a Comment