I'm gonna be in a trio!! Didn't see that one comin'. On Sunday during personal study, I went to read in preach my gospel and the first thing I opened to was D&C 42:6 which says- "And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two..." so that was kind of ironic haha. God sure does have a sense of humor. Literally everything is gonna be crazy because they're changing everything this transfer. So my trainer is going to Malaga to be a sister training leader and I'm getting two new companions! A native and an Hermana from Utah who will be going home next transfer. And they're taking the elders out of Villalba and switching around the district boundaries so now we're gonna be pretty far away from the rest of our district haha. But I'm excited, it's gonna be a party (well, it will be after we figure out how to fit three beds in our piso haha). And I'm officially done with training! Time flies!
MANUEL GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! Best day ever! A bit stressful because we had to plan a baptism and the bishop had lost his phone so we couldn't communicate with him but it all turned out really well. I may or may not have had another uncontrollable laughing attack in the middle of the service. But I had good reason!! Ok so a little bit of background, a few weeks ago we gave Manuel this little piece of paper that helps him remember how to pray (because he tells us he's too old and can never remember). So after the ordinance takes place, usually the newly baptized person plus any family members plus the missionaries bear their testimonies. When it was Manuel's turn, we motioned to him, and as he was walking up we noticed him stuffing that little piece of paper into his pocket. Hermana Ritman and I looked at each other a little confused and before we had time to do anything, he clasped his hands together in front of him and offered up a nice little (long) intermediate prayer. And me and hermana Ritman completely lost it. I think some of the stress of the day just finally decided to let itself out as well (oh and by the way, the mission president and his wife were at the baptism also) and we had to do everything in our control (which we didn't really have) not to laugh out loud and so we were violently shaking there in the front row of the capilla for all the ward to see and I think it's something we're never gonna live down. But Manuel didn't notice. And he said a very nice prayer :)
Also a cute member got her mission call this week and the whole ward was there to support her and it was so fun to be reminded of when I opened my call and I just felt the spirit confirm to me that I really have been called by God to serve his people here in Spain :) one of my new favorite scriptures is when the jaredites first reach the promised land "and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them."
(Ether 6:12) I really experience so many tender mercies every single day and am constantly surrounded by miracles.
President Bussey challenged us all to read the book of mormon this transfer and I just finished this morning. As I read, I marked every part that talked about the Atonement and by doing so, I've felt the power of the atonement in my life even more. As I was finishing up, these were some of my favorite verses:
"But as oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven."
(Moroni 6:8)
The people in this time were fighting each other again and again and could just never seem to get it right. But God always let them come back. I really do know that God will forgive us every single time. No matter what. If we truly turn back to him with the desire to change, he welcomes us with arms wide open. Every single time.
My other favorite verse is:
"Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick"
(Moroni 8:8)
It's a good reminder that a perfect person doesn't need a savior. The Savior did what he did so that we can become perfect through him. But he knew we couldn't be perfect without him so he sacrificed everything. It's ok to need the Savior. In fact, if you think you don't need the Savior's atonement in every single second of every single day, you're 100% wrong.
I have a very strong testimony of the power of the atonement of Jesus christ. It's healing power as well as its enabling Power. And the best way we can thank Him is by not wasting his sacrifice. He loves you. And I love you :) que tenga una buena semana!!
Hermana Pendleton
Oh and it was a little bit weird to celebrate a national holiday that nobody else in the nation celebrated. But we did our best. And Manuel gave us american cookies to help :)




Comments
Post a Comment