Skip to main content

Corrida de toros!!

I am now an official witness of a real live bull run. And I'm still here don't fret. And it wasn't too crazy. A bunch of teenage boys running from some angry bulls to prove their strength or something idk sometimes Spain is a little crazy haha. This whole week has been festivo in Villalba and yeah Spain definitely likes to party. Every day for the last 7 days about every couple hours there was a parade (which is basically a band playing some fun music and a bunch of people who may or may not be a little drunk walking through the streets) and every day for the last 7 days about every 30 seconds, a bomb went off in celebration. I think I may be a little hard of hearing now and the next time I talk to my dad I might have to ask him to speak up because he's mumbling (probably only my family will get that joke). No but it was really fun to see the people here so emerged in their culture and I learned a lot more about Spain in the process. 

We have someone (kind of) on fecha!! Errrr I think that's called they have a baptismal date in English. We invited our friend Fran to be baptized on the 17th of August! And he said he would pray about it! We are really excited because he is so prepared! I can't remember if I've already talked about him, but one day we were sitting in a park waiting for an amigo and he contacted us! He said he wanted Christ back in his life and he had seen our church before because he had a friend in his country who served a mission. And his little son just turned 8 last month!! During our first cita with him we taught him about the restoration and prophets and he asked if he could follow the prophet on Facebook. Claro que si! And now we're just helping him follow him in real life too :)
On Saturday we had a día de encontrar and it was a little bit of a rough start because the bull run was going on so people were a little occupied, but later in the night we were on a roll and we met a lot of people who have met missionaries before in their home countries but lost contact and moved to spain so we'll see how things go with them! We also visited Sadith this week (the OG grandma that I talked about a while ago) and when we showed up, this 90 year old woman was working on organizing all of her clothes, bending over on hands and knees; and I mean she doesn't have that far to go because she comes up to like my bellybutton, but we showed up just in time to help her organize all of her sweaters and fuzzy pajama pants :) 

On Sunday we went to visit a menos activo and oh boy that was an adventure. She let us in and was so nice, asked about the previous companions that had been here and we talked about her family for a few minutes. As we were getting to know her, my companion asked her how long ago she got baptized. She looked confused for a second, and then started telling us about her baptism into the church of the ministry of christ or something. So don't really know where we went wrong, but as far as we can tell, nobody in this family is a member. And we're also starting to think that we have some competing missionaries here in Villalba because this is the second time that something like this has happened haha. 

Also yesterday we ate lunch with 3 sisters from the ward and afterwards we shared a message about the book of Mormon. We asked them what blessings they had seen in their lives from this special treasure that we have and it strengthened my testimony so much to hear theirs. The book of Mormon helps us feel Gods love so much stronger in our lives every single day. It helps us control our temper, it helps us see those around us as God sees them, it brings us knowledge about the great and amazing plan of happiness that our Heavenly Father has for us. I also am in the middle of "our search for happiness" and ive learned so much. Something I treasure so much is the time I have every day to study the book of Mormon and the words of the prophets. I have come to know my savior so much more. He is real. He is there. He is waiting for us to call to him to walk with us. This is his church. He lives and guides us today. I love sharing that message. 

I love you all so much! If you haven't read our search for happiness I highly recommend it. And if you don't have the habit of reading the book of Mormon every day, I invite you to start. And if you want another little challenge to spice up your study or help you get started, we have a fun little 21 day challenge we give people so let me know :) 

Love you all so much! 

Hermana Pendleton 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...