Skip to main content

Horses and hand sanitizer

Heyyyyyy this week was super fun and super funny. So on Tuesday we had Intercambios with malaga 2 and I met some pretty hilarious people. First off, we had a Cita with this guy named Sauce. And that's basically all I have to say haha. He called the book of Mormon his baby and asked to be baptized the first time he met the missionaries. Good times. While we were waiting for him, we were sitting on a bench and this other guy walked past us and then just stopped. He stared at us for a few seconds and so I asked him how he was doing. He spoke English by the way. Anyways this guy was hilarious. He used to be musulmán and so his name was Mohammed but now he's Christian so his name is Christian. What a guy. And he wanted an English book of Mormon but we only had one and it was for Sauce so we got his number so we could give him one later.

On Thursday we went to visit an amiga at her work which was kind of far away but she didn't have time to come to us so we decided to make the trip. When we got off the bus, following Google maps instructions, we walked down a street and it told us to turn right. We looked to the right and it was pure dirt road and barns. No way we thought. Basically we had landed ourselves in a little farming pueblo where instead of cars, everyone was just riding horses in the street. And we couldn't find her work and she wasn't answering her calls. But we enjoyed the horses! :) and she texted us back like 3 hours late and told us she was at the store. So hopefully the next time she can come to us haha. We smelled like dirt for the rest of the day hahaha.

On Friday we had other Intercambios with the Granada hermanas and they're incredible! We took our favorite little 13 year old member out contacting with us and she was so excited but she had so much vergüenza haha. It was día de Andalucia so there wasn't a whole lot of people out and everyone had prisa, so I was praying so hard that we could find someone who wanted to listen to us so she could see the miracles of finding. And we found a cute mom that was really nice and we gave her a book of Mormon and set a return visit and I made Belén give her a tarjeta haha. She did so good and I gave her all the credit.
On Saturday, we visited some amigos of ours and after sharing a lesson with them, we played uno. Let's just say uno with a polish man who doesn't know how to play uno is very very entertaining. He would just randomly say uno or pause and say "hmm, interesante" haha best game of uno ever.

Anyways, this week I started studying up even more about the life of Joseph Smith and the restauración and my testimony has been strengthened so much. I love learning more about that incredible prophet and everything he did and sacrificed to help us have what we have. I don't know what I would do without the knowledge of the fulness of the gospel in my life. Relearning about joseph smith's life has made me realize how much I took that knowledge for granted. It's something that I want to help everyone else know because there is nothing more important than our heavenly fathers plan for us. Make an effort to study up or share it up this week! :)

Love you all!!

Hermana Pendleton

P.s. My comp only has one transfer left and she's stressing out that the corona virus is gonna stop her from getting home so I'm pulling out my best calming abilities over here. Fun times. And hand sanitizer is sold out basically everywhere wahooo





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...