Well lots of stuff yet not a lot happened this week. Lo normal. We spent a day in Granada with the missionaries there and that was a party! And on Friday I hit one year in the misison! Wow I feel super old haha but it's ok still hasn't really hit me. Plus I was sick all day (don't worry not corona virus) so slightly miserable but that's alright, feeling mostly better now. And we got to visit some really fun members the last few days because we have transfers tomorrow and my companion is leaving and so wanted to say bye to everyone and everyone wants to throw parties so it makes for a fun time.
Church was hard because we're not allowed to beso or shake hands but it's habit now so it makes for some awkard interactions haha. But at least we have toilet paper.
Anyways, highlight of the week:
On Wednesday night as I was praying, I was curious and so I asked God "where are you?" not because I didn't feel like he was listening or felt his absence, but I wanted to know if he was there with me in that moment or what he was doing. I sat there and thought about it and imagined him in different parts of the room, watching me pray; then a voice said in my head, "¿que haría tu padre?" or, "what would your dad do?" my mind went to when I was younger and occasionally my dad would ask if he could come listen to our personal prayers at night right before we went to bed, and as he listened, he would kneel right beside us. I always knew he was listening very intently to what I was saying to my heavenly father. In that moment, I knew my heavenly father was the same. He's there right beside me as I pray to him and he listens very intently to what I have to say. He cares so much.
I'll be getting a new comp tomorrow so next week you can see pictures! Oh and we bought second hand flamenco skirts this week. Good luck to me getting that one home in the suitcase haha. Love you all so much!
Hermana Pendleton
P. S. Birthday shoutout to my two favorite grandpas in the whole wide world!
Comments
Post a Comment