This week has been great! Sanse is an incredible area and it is huge! And there are so many people filled to the brim with potential!
First off, leaving my trip comps was a little sad because we had a good time together, and leaving Villalba was a little sad, I still talk about it as if I live there haha but I'm really excited about the work here in sanse. Hermana barney and I started off our companionship just great by getting lost in the middle of Madrid at midnight our very first night haha and still lugging my suitcases the whole time. During transfers everything's crazy but we finally made it back to an hermanas piso to sleep for the night. Also she sings opera so I'm just living the life.
My very first cita in sanse was with a nice old man and his menos activa wife and they're hilarious. Their names are Manolo and manoli, if that wasn't a match made in heaven I don't know what is. And we're going back this week to paint manoli's toe nails so that should be a party.
We have a friend names Patricia who met the missionaries a year ago but has never been taught any of the lessons because she's never home, but we finally caught her at home and she is incredible. She's read the entire book of Mormon and basically already knows everything that we're teaching her and her little pet Guinea pig named panda just chills on her shoulder sometimes while we're talking.
On Friday we had a finding day with the district and it was amazing. This was the first time that I really felt the power of the holy ghost guiding me in my contacting. And really I think it was just the first time that I was allowing myself to be so open and really searching for that guidance in the street. Everytime I felt like I should talk to someone, I did it. And all of those people that I felt directed to either had interest or were actually members who hadn't gone to church in years and didn't know where the church was here in spain! I'm very grateful for this learning experience that I have every day to tune myself better to the frequency of the spirit.
The ward in sanse is also amazing. There are hardly any actual Spaniards here so that makes for an interesting combination of opinions and attitudes so it always keeps us on our toes, but they're all so sweet and loving.
We just walked through Central Madrid as it was pouring and now we are completely soaked and now I don't have a ton of time but I love you all and I want you to know that the spirit is real and we just have to hear it. I hope you all have an amazing week!
Oh also I heard that Fran from Villalba didn't go to church yesterday so he still hasn't received the Espíritu Santo so everyone keep him in his prayers!
Hermana Pendleton





Comments
Post a Comment