I don't have a ton of time today and it's been a short week so it's ok. Fran's getting baptized this Saturday! We're super excited and we're in the works of planning everything. When we followed up with him the other day about the word of wisdom (he only had a problem with coffee), he said "oh ahora no me hace falta" like it doesn't bother him at all not to drink it and we couldn't stop smiling all day because we had been worrying about that for days haha. And we gave his son a book of Mormon for kids (with the drawings and stuff) and he started reading it out loud and it was so sweet and special to hear his little voice reciting the Joseph Smith story. I have so much hope for that little guy. We also taught Fran about eternal families this week, and as I was testifying about the blessings of the temple and how grateful I am for my family, I felt the spirit so strong because I know how important our families are to our heavenly father and he gave them to us because he knows exactly what we need.
This could possibly be my last week in Villalba! We have transfers next week so we'll see what happens! We've been developing way better relationships with the members here and ahhh I just love them so much it'll be sad to leave them all. We've been eating every week with an Hermana named Lina and her testimony is so strong. She is the perfect definition of a member missionary. She helps anyone and everyone, takes them under her wing, and helps them find their savior again. She gets torn apart every time someone's agency gets in the way of their relationship with their heavenly father. Ive learned so much from her and she's taught us a lot about how we really need to pay attention to the choices we make especially at our age.
Today we spent the day in Sol with some other missionaries and a new Matrimonio couple. We had a picnic and played ninja in the middle of Madrid's equivalent of Central Park in New York. Super huge and super gorgeous.
I hope you all take a second this week to pay attention to the sweet spirit of an 8 year old :)
Love you!
Hermana Pendleton





Comments
Post a Comment