Skip to main content

Wahooooooooo!!

This week has been full of so many miracles!! Most importantly... Our friend Fran finally accepted his fecha!! He's gonna get baptized on August 17th!! And that's coming up real quick so we've got some work to do haha. We taught him the palabra de Sabiduría on Monday and he read through the things we shouldn't have, thought about it for a second, and said, "the only one im not already doing is coffee but I'll start tomorrow." YES! That's what I'm talking about. We were extremely excited and were just trying to hold back our shouts of joy until he turned the corner afterwards and let me tell you it was rough but we made it. 

We also had Intercambios this last week and as always I learned soo much! I got to be with Hermana Orjuela and Hermana Fernández and they are both incredible. They are both amazing at contacting in the streets and it's so much fun. And we experience a fun little adventure on the way back. Haha so we take a train from the area of the STLs to Villalba and hermana draper started talking to the sweetest old lady, buuuut when the train arrived in Villalba, she was trying to real quick get her number. Hermana Fernández and I got off the train and we were waiting on the platform. And it was like a slow motion action movie moment. The doors started closing and Hna Draper ran up to them but couldn't make it out so started hitting the open button like a crazy woman but the doors wouldn't open. As the train pulled away with our companion inside, we frantically motioned for her to come back to us and tried to portray that we would wait here. Everyone around us and everyone by her in the train was really concerned but hey when you spend every minute of every day with someone and then all the sudden they're being pulled away in a moving train it's a bit disconcerting. Every misisonary's horror story haha. I was glad I wasn't the one alone haha.

Other sad story but also miracle of the week. Last week we had interviews with the president and on our way back to Villalba, Hermana Fernández lost her phone in the bus. We stayed at the bus stop for more than an hour (by command of the mission office) and searched every bus that came back through in attempts to find it. But no luck. Hna Fernández was super sad because she not had to by a new phone and she lost all or her photos and notes from the first six months of her mission. Yesterday we had a Cita with Manuel and he was asking us about our week and she mentioned the lost phone. At the end of the Cita, he asked me to say the prayer and to please pray for Hermana Fernández so that she can find her phone. We smiled and complied even though we had lost hope at this point. Today we received a call from the mission office; I don't know who, but somebody bought her phone from somebody who was selling it, realized it was a robbed phone and that it belonged to missionary and called up the mission office and so she'll be getting her phone back in a few hours! The second time in three days that we've been leaping and shouting for joy. And we learned a good lesson too. What great faith Manuel has. He was so sure that if we prayed, we would find the phone, even when we'd already given up. We know that because of his great faith, her phone is being returned to her. I think I've got a few things to learn from him. 

This week we've been sharing the story of lehi's dream with a lot of our amigos and ive loved everyones reaction when we read about how immense his joy was when he tasted of the fruit. Everyone feels the spirit they just can't help it. 

"And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit" (1 Nefi 8:12) 

Is this what you feel when you hear the gospel? I've also recognized my extreme gratitude I have for being raised in the church and a family who supports me and has testimonies that they're always willing to share. And I'm so glad we've always shared this great fruit. But we can always find more joy and find someone to Share it with. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings immense and true joy. I've seen it work in the lives of people here in Spain and I've seen it work in my own life. 

I hope you all have an amazing week!! 

Hermana Pendleton








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...