Skip to main content

Peep the cat

Well hola hola, this week has been filled with pretty entertaining citas haha so here we go. Well first off we were in Madrid up until Wednesday and then we came back on a not first class Ave and got right back to work. We had a Cita that night with the menos activo family that decided they wanted to all go back to the temple and oh man it was hilarious. When we first got there, only the mom was home so we started talking to her while we waited for the kids. She told us all about her kids' plans and how they want to go on missions and marry good people, etc. But she focused especially on her 19 yr old son Manu because he's her favorite child because "he has just such a good spirit." anyways, didnt think anything of it, the kids got back with dinner and we had a good time. After a few minutes, to make conversation, hermana Rico said to Manu, "oh hey your mom told us about your plan" and he instantly turned white. And he was like what? And his mom was like nooo I just told her that you're going to finish classes then go on a mission y tal. And he was like oh fewf. And so obviously curious, we asked if there was another plan... And oh brother it was hilarious. It took some probing and by the time he was about to tell us we decided we didn't actually want to know. He started out by saying, ok. You have to know how my mom is. Whenever a new girl comes over and my mom likes her, she wants to set us up. And at this point, we knew where it was going so we kind of just hoped he wouldn't go on. But he continued to say to Hermana Rico, aaaaand that's what she did with you. And then we laughed so hard and the whole family sat there awkwardly for a few seconds before joining in. And then he just tried to dig himself out of that hole and he was just making it worse by and anyways yeah lots more details but basically hermana Rico has her future set up for her and he asked if she's gonna write him when he goes on his mission haha. 

And then on Thursday, we had probably our last Cita with claudio. We texted him to see if he could meet and he said "I cannot meet at 8 nor 8:30 nor any other day" and we were like wait whaaat. That came out of nowhere. But then he consented to meet al final to "say farewell." so we met and he explained to us that he was in a spiritual struggle right now and he just needed to distance himself from everything. We explained to him that that wasn't the solution. Lots and lots of conversation. But in the end we invited him to read the book of Mormon every day for a week and we promised him that if he did it it would change his life and solve this problem he was having. He said he would do it and we parted ways. The next day we texted him to see if he had read that day. He responded and said he was drinking whiskey and he didn't want to know anything more from us. I think we'll be seeing him again but we've got some work to do haha. 

On Friday morning we visited Samia, she's a member with ocd and she arrives late to church because she has to count everything in her house before she leaves. Anyways, we visit her all the time. But she has a cat. And I am allergic to cats. But I don't have the guts to tell her that that is why I sneeze extra much when we're at her house. So she just continually thinks I have a cold and gives me home remedies like dried orange peels and wild laurel leaves. And I'm not allowed to have nesquik until I drink my infusion. It's a fun time. 

Oh and we had another incredible Cita on Friday too! We visited a menos activo named Roxana and her little 3 yr old son Uli. We've been visiting them for a few weeks and she always says she will come to church and never actually comes. After playing catch with a ball of Dough for 30 minutes (don't ask), we sat down to share a story about some little kids. These little kids lived happily all together with their parents, but once they got a little older, the parents told them it was time to go to school. And before leaving, the parents reminded the kids to come home clean and not get dirty while they were at school. The kids went to school to be able to study and learn and become better people. But while they were there, a big storm came and it rained a lot. When it was time to go back home, there was a big muddy puddle in between the kids and their way home. They didn't know what to do, they wouldn't be able to return home without getting all dirty and their parents had told them to come back clean. Then, their friend, who was a little bit older and smarter, offered to build a bridge. He worked hard to build a bridge across the muddy puddle so that the kids could return home to their parents, clean and able to be welcomed in with open arms. This friend of ours is Jesus Christ. He built a way for us to go back home, clean and whole... Basically it's a fun little story and and the little kid was super into it. At the end of the lesson, we asked him if he wanted to say the closing prayer and he said yes. As far as we know, the little guy has never said a prayer before but he repeated after Hermana Rico in a whisper as she helped him know what to say. As he finished the prayer with an amen, we opened our eyes and saw tears flowing down the checks of his moms face. He jumped into her arms and she hugged him so tight. The spirit was so strong in that room and I experienced firsthand the power of the gospel and how important it is to raise our families on the principles of the gospel and how happy it really makes us.

Then Saturday was another hilarious day. We had emergency Intercambios with some other Hermanas in malaga because one of them was really sick so I got to go out with her companion for the day. Our first Cita of the day ended with them telling us about how their house is haunted. Let's just say we left a blessing on that house when we headed out. And I gave my CTR ring to the 7 yr old girl to remind her of the good things when scary things happen at home. Then we had an amazing lesson with a couple from Colombia. They are so cute and so prepared to hear the gospel. We taught the restoration and the spirit was so strong!! Then we visited another menos activo who's from Nigeria so we spoke English with him which is always a feat. Now this man has a brand new daughter. When I asked her name, he told me Gaspawa. And I said alright cool thats a fun Nigerian name. After the spiritual message, we were saying bye and I couldn't remember the daughters name so I asked again. He repeated, "Gaspawa", but I was really having trouble pronouncing it because I felt like I wasn't quite understanding what he was saying. He asked me where I was from and I said Utah. Then he said "you should understand! It's English!" and I was thinking real hard but I had no idea what her name was. So he spelled it out for us: G-O-D-S-P-O-W-E-R oh my goodness we had to hold down the laughs that just wasn't what I was expecting. But little 3 month old God's Power is gonna do great things with her life.

Yesterday we got to eat lunch with our favorite members and also the niños. Oh and the niños are getting baptized on the 22nd! They're super excited and so are we. And when we met these little guys, they were sooooo timid. It was so hard to get them to answer the questions during lessons. But these kids are now so full of energy and so full of love because all of these members love them so much and they love to pray and come to church and ahhh it just makes them so happy and me so happy. 

Anyways those are just the funny moments from the week. I hope you enjoy because I sure did. And I hope everyone has a super great week! Love you! 

Hermana Pendleton 

Also today for pday we went to the childhood home of Pablo picasso and went to a cerual restaurant! (cereal like this doesn't exist in Spain) 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...