First off I've got to start by apologizing to my mom because I forgot to tell her that I had a changed pday this week and I think that gave her a nice scare when I didn't have anything to say on Monday. But no se preocupen we are doin just dandy down here in malaga. It has been a pretty fun week.
We started the week up in Madrid for consejo and it was super cool! It was fun to talk about goals and what we are going to focus on for the next little while in the mission and how we could reach every individual missionary to inspire them to want to do their best. I learned so much! The spirit is always so strong in situations like that! Our train wasn't scheduled to go back until Wednesday morning and so we had a meeting with the zone leaders to plan for zone conference and got everyone playing the snap game where you play catch with snapping so it's ridiculous but it's so much fun and we were having a pretty good time hahaha. Afterwards, we stayed the night with some hermanas in Madrid and we got to eat little Caesars pizza! One just started up in Spain! Crazy stuff! (and crazy bread am I right?)
When we finally got back to our area, we were able to work with a lot of menos activos and get to know some members. And find a few new amigos to work with! One of them is named claudio and oh my goodness funniest person I've ever met in the street.
We met him on Saturday and scheduled to meet up with him again the next day. We met in front of the train station and walked to a bench nearby to sit and talk. When we showed up he started explaining that he almost got there late because he had to take his bird go visit its parents. He rescued a baby bird the other day because it couldn't fly and every day he takes it to visit its parents so it doesn't get lonely. And he carries it around 24/7 in a little lunch box bag thing with its little blankets and everytime he agrees with something we say he chirps and tells us the bird agrees. He named it Nela. And after we said the prayer to open the lesson he but his arms up asvmd flexed and said "oooohhhh, it makes me strong!" (by the way he's like a 4 ft 8 chilean man haha).
On Monday we got to visit two little kids who's mom is a menos activa and she said if her kids want to get baptized she will let them! They're 8 and 10 years old and sooo cute! They don't talk much but they started opening up a lot more at the end and the 10 year old was asking so many questions. I could tell he had such a desire to understand these things. They haven't even really learned about Jesus christ before but they want to learn so much and they're so cute. They also have a brand new little puppy and it was just chewing on my finger the whole lesson.
Today for zone pday we did an escape room and it was a partyyyy and then we got to play soccer! Wahoo! It's been a while and I'll definitely be sore tomorrow but I loved it so much! And it's rebajas season here which means every single store puts everything on sale sooooo you can say us missionaries really appreciate that.
In our second lesson with claudio, he was really having trouble understanding the need for the book of Mormon. He was explaining to us that the Bible was very important and it gave him his testimony of Jesus christ. If he already has that testimony from this book that's so important, why would he need something else? And it reminded me of one of my favorite verses in 2 Nephi 25:
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
The book of Mormon is another testament of jesucristo and that is its purpose. And Joseph Smith has told us that nothing will help us grow more in that testimony of Him than this book. I know that to be true. Christ is in every page of that book and because of that, the spirit can't help but testify of him in every moment that we read from those pages. The scriptures are incredible!!! Read them! I promise you'll feel the same thing I do!
I love you all so much! Have a good week!
Hermana Pendleton
Comments
Post a Comment