Well today I ate fish and chips and held a monkey. We visited Gibraltar, the British territory at the most southern tip of Spain. You can see Africa across the ocean and there are red British telephone booths everywhere haha. We took a nice taxi drive up to the top of the Rock where we got to play with the monkeys and see the incredible view. I'll attach some pictures no se preocupe. A monkey even jumped on one of the hermanas heads. And I may have accidentally called it chips and fish and everyone got mad at me and I couldn't figure out why for a hot second.
On Thursday we had zone conference and it was a blast! Us and the zone leaders did a taller together and it was all about unity and ánimo and stuff and we played this hilarious game with boxes and tennis balls and I don't really know how to explain it but basically everyone is just confused until they realize they have to work together. We also had everyone write on a balloon what they wanted to contribute to the zone and to the work this next transfer and then let them go all together. It was a super cool experience and everyone left feeling pretty pumped.
On Saturday we got to eat with a member named Carla and she is hilarious! She's the one that always tells us we're eating cat. This time she fed us some kind of delicious mashed potato dish and I loved it a lot but I was so full. And she kept doing her little happy dance that she says she does when she eats good food. So now we always do the dance too. Claro.
On Sunday we got to visit our little niños again and they just get cuter every time. They have so many questions and they get so excited to pray. They won't answer the question if they want to be baptized or not but I know we'll get there soon. We taught them about the plan of salvation and the 10 year old had so many questions! It's so fun to see the wheels turning and see that light turn on. They gave us their phone number and they send us cute little voice messages every once in a while now haha.
I loved listening to little ainoa pray. She thinks so hard about everything she's gonna say because she knows who she's talking to and she doesn't want to mess it up. It made me think about if I treat my prayers that way. Yes God always hears our prayers. But do we want him to listen to pointless mumbling or intentional conversation? In my experience, only when we make it a conversation do we actively listen for the response and input of the other person.
Well I hope you all have an incredibly amazing week! Love you!
Hermana Pendleton
Comments
Post a Comment