Skip to main content

Oh my! What a wonderful surprise!

Hola a todos! Probably only my family will know that they're supposed to say the subject line in the voice of Minnie mouse so sorry to the rest of you that don't know what's going on. This week I have learned so many lessons about what it means to be as a little child. Oh but first off, I am now in a trio again- it was a surprise for everyone! So we'll start from the beginning: on Monday and Tuesday we had Intercambios in sanse and it was a partyyy and on Tuesday morning we got the addition of Hermana hairel because her comp who is from Spain finally got her visa and so headed to the provo in MTC! But left her comp without a comp haha so she came and stayed with us for a couple days and now is sharing areas with another hermana who was compless. I'm sure their life is crazier than ours, counting my blessings. So yeah hermana hairel left on Thursday and it was a little weird to be just me and hermana barney in piso again after all the visitors. And then on Saturday morning, we got a surprise call from the mission office and they informed us that they would be dropping off another Hermana in approximately 20 minutes and we would be a trio until the end of the transfer! That was a surprise! And she is super sweet. Her name is Hermana Bayé and she's from Guinea ecuatoriana (I don't know what that's called in English- maybe like ecuatorial new Guinea or something like that?) but she's been living in spain for like 10 years and has been a member of the church for like 7. She has about a year in the mission but she had to go back to her country last transfer to renew her passport and so she was there for a month and just came back on Saturday and got dropped off in sanse :)

But anyways back to the things I've learned this week--on Wednesday while hermana hairel was here, we had a cita with a member named Milagros and she has the CUTEST little granddaughter ever! After we shared a message with Milagros (the spirit was so strong and we talked a lot about the Lords perfect timing), this little girl came in and told us about how her grandpa had died but then gave such a sweet testimony about the plan of salvation and that she knows she'll see him again. And then she proceeded to show us her little shimmer&shine gadgets. After playing with her for a few minutes she said "wait I need to tell you a secret!" she whispered into Hermana hairel's ear and then mine and said "tu eres muy bonita y una princesa." (you are very pretty and a princess). Sooooo adorable. And she let us make some wishes with her magic diamonds :)

We also had a baptism on Saturday of an 8 year old in the ward named Ainoa. I think I've mentioned her before, she's the most sophisticated intelligent little eifht year old ever. And she was so excited for her baptism she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She had asked Hermana barney to do some musical numbers and I was gonna accompany her so we were practicing before the baptism. (first off, I accompanied her on the piano and I don't even really play the piano so that was an adventure haha. We made up a piano part for me to play that was very very simplified). And then all the sudden we were told that we were doing a musical number with our violins too. Oof. I was just planning on letting Hermana barney sólo that one because she plays like an angel but ainoa came up to me and shared a story about a missionary in Paraguay that got left by her companion and was super sad. And that this missionary was very good, but she was able to be amazing when she worked with her companion. and when she got her companion back she was very very happy. And one violin is OK, but when there are two working together it's maravillosa! I just gotta say that this little girl is gonna be an incredible missionary! And I mean how could I say no to playing after that? We didn't even have more time to practice anything before hand we just made it up as we went along haha. 

We will probably be having the baptism of William this Saturday, we still have to get a few things sorted out but we're hoping and praying that it goes through because he is so excited to receive the blessings of baptism! Also this Friday we get to go to the temple with a recent convert who's going to do baptisms for the dead for the first time!

OK last story for today, so manoli (the lady whose toenails we painted a while ago), we went and visited her during Intercambios. I was with Hermana Gardner who served in sanse about a year ago so she knows everyone here. And this was the most animated I have ever seen manoli I was dying of laughter. We walked in and sat on the couch and manoli came strutting in and said "would you like some patatas?!" no gracias we just ate haha. "some fruit?!" haha no esta bien. And then she proceeded to grab our arms and try to force us to leaver her house yelling "you don't want to eat in my house? Out on the street you go!" (don't worry it was a joke) and then she forced an apple and pear on each of us before we left. She also decided she wanted to be a missionary and took Hermana Gardners chapa and put it on and started to pray hahaha she's hilarious.

We've got a busy week ahead of us, transfers are next week and I still get lost every time we go outside haha and I love it. This week I'll give you the advice I got from cute little ainoa- if you don't believe you're good at it, you shouldn't think that, because you are good at that and when you share your talents it makes the world a better place. Christ knew what he was talking about when he said be like a little child. I love you all!

Hermana Pendleton

Oh and P. S. We went and toured the teatro real opera house for pday today because we gotta get our bearings for when my comp is the famous one singing there some day. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...