Skip to main content

It's not about you, it's about the Savior!

Hola Hola! Just over here living a pretty great life. I officially made it through my first fast Sunday as a missionary. Lets just say that the MTC cafeteria is a whole new world on a fast Sunday evening. It was also April Fools Day on Monday, as many of you probably know, and we tried to pull a prank on our teacher and he didn't believe it for a second so that was unfortunate. My Aunt Brenda sent Krispy Kreme donuts and soft pretzels last week, and it was like Christmas for all the sisters in the residence it was hilarious. And same with everything my mom sends; I have pretty great people in my life. 

We finished teaching Hazel on Friday and starting teaching a cute girl named Desiree this week. We got to teach her about how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are two separate people and how they both love us so much. And next we'll be teaching her about the Atonement because she has a lot of questions about that. We had  a super great discussion in class this week about the Atonement and it really changed my perspective and helped me feel the love of my Savior so much more in my life. Just remember that Christ was the only person that could have suffered and performed the Atonement. And that was hard. That wasn't an easy thing for him to do. I want to invite you all to read D&C 19:17-19. The dashes in those verses represent a pause in revelation.  Read it out loud very slowly, and when you get to the dashes in verse 18, pause for a few seconds at each one. Pay attention to what tone of voice that portrays coming from the savior and how that makes you feel. I know the savior loves us so much and the way we can show him that we love him is by using his atonement and not wasting his sacrifice. 

Hermana Marler and I got made sister training leaders on Sunday so we get to do orientation with the new district coming in today which I'm super excited about. We also get to do interviews with all the zone sisters every week so I'm excited to get to know them better and hopefully I'm able to help them with whatever they need. 

The Tuesday devotional this week was Elder Takashi Wada of the seventy and it was super great! Him and his wife are so cute and they talked about how we don't know the effect we may be having on the people around us and so we must always remember that we are disciples of Christ. As missionaries and as Latter Day Saints, we stand out. We can use that to bring others closer to their Savior. One of the things that he briefly said was, "It's not about you, it's about the Savior." And that stood out to me because that is something that I've tried to remind myself of often since arriving at the MTC because it truly is all about the savior. And even if you're not a full time missionary, I know that by reaching outwards and towards Christ, you will experience true joy. 

JOY:
Jesus
Others
Yourself
I can testify that it works. 

I love you all so much!! 

Hermana Pendleton 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...