Skip to main content

Last week at the MTC!!

Hola everyone! It's crazy to think that in a week from today I will be in Spain! I successfully got my visa so that's a relief. We got to take a fun field trip to UVU on Monday to visit with the consulate from Spain and I definitely noticed how much attention we attract as missionaries and confirmed the importance of making sure we are always acting like representatives of our Savior. 

We had a loaded weekend here. First off there was conference which was incredible; the MTC president reminded us that our MTC auditorium was an extension of the Conference center, and when the prophet walked in, we all stood up and it was completely silent. I felt the spirit confirm to me that President Nelson is a prophet of God and he speaks exactly what the Lord needs us to hear. And then during the priesthood session on saturday night, Elaine S. Dalton came to speak to all the sisters and that was also amazing. She talked to us about how our most powerful weapon is our testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. We also watched a video called "The witness of John the Beloved" and we all cried. I would encourage you to all go and watch it especially as we're coming up on Easter. And then Sister Bonnie H. Cordon (the current General Young Women's President) came on Tuesday and that was an incredible experience. She spoke about how the Lord really does know us individually, better than we know ourselves even. And as we come to know Christ, he can help us come to know ourselves. She also had us sing the song "Peace in Christ" together and there was an incredible spirit in the room and I testify that there really is peace in Christ. Something that I think is a good reminder that Sister Cordon said is that not only do we need to endure to the end, but we need to enjoy to the end. 

One of the Elders in our district left this morning and that was bittersweet. We had a sweet testimony meeting last night since it was our last night all together and I'm so thankful for the people I was placed with here at the MTC. And I'm so excited to be able to help others in Spain from what I've learned here. 

Hermana Marler and I are still teaching Desiree and we taught her about the first vision and the Book of Mormon earlier this week and I think we might have just made her really confused so we're probably gonna go back and teach her about faith for our last lesson haha because that's a very important thing. 

Oh and fun little fact: last week when we went to the temple, we ran into Donnie Osmond and he wanted to talk to us because we're missionaries and he told us to probably not go to Bull fights while in Spain :)

The next time I'll probably email will be when I'm in Spain so wish me luck :) even though we don't need luck when we're on the Lord's side. 

Love you all!

Hermana Pendleton
natalie.pendleton@missionary.org




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...