Holaaaa I'm back! Well more like I'm still here :) this week has been a good one! Pretty tranquila. Hopefully this email gets through because my wifi has decided that it's tired and doesn't want to exert itself more than sending a whatsapp message these days so vamos a ver. We've been trying out some new ways to find on facebook and through technology and let's just say, I'm learning how to make all kinds of foods and I love it!
This week we've been able to work a lot with mathias and maria. They are both so amazing. So prepared and so willing to change and keep the commandments of God. We taught mathias about tithing and fasting this week. And not gonna lie, beforehand I was a little bit nervous. He had readily accepted all the other commandments, but I thought this one might put him over the top because I know he has not very much money. O ye of little faith. He's incredible! His biggest concern was making sure he knew all the ways that it was possible to pay tithing so that if any other members asked him, he would be able to help them. And the ayuno got to him a little bit. At the end of the lesson he said, "primero, me quitas la cerveza, segundo, el café y el té. No pasa nada. No hay problema. Ahora me quitas la comida! Vale, vale, vale. Está bien." ah I just wish you could all hear his voice. He has so much faith. And he loves the mandamientos (it's so hard for him to say the word though, he practices a lot). I hope we're all as willing to follow the commandments as he is. We also were able to have a cita with him and our bishop! We talked about the priesthood and I didn't think he understood a single word because our bishop is malagueño and if you've ever heard a malagueño speak you'll know what I mean. They talk very fast and don't fully pronounce any of their words and any word with an "st" gets switched to a "ts" and basically i could go on forever about el acento malagueño, i love it, but for someone who doesn't speak very much Spanish, it is basically like a completely different language. Anyways, pobrecito mathias was trying his best to follow but he looked so lost. But at the end he said ok wait. I understood just two things. One, the priesthood is the power of God. Two, he gives it to people to lead his church. So it turned out okay! The gift of tongues is real!
And then with maria this week, we taught her the palabra de Sabiduría. She's so sweet and she just loves to listen to us talk. So this was her test to see if she really was willing to keep commitments and change a few things. And she did it! After repeating the things that we had just told her she couldn't have, she paused for a very long second. And then she said, well i only have a problem with coffee, i drink it every once in a while, but i will renounce it all! And she was so excited :) she's a keeper.
We also had a zone finding day this week ans it went really well, everyone had lots of ánimo and we found lots of new people to teach! We also read about the 3 nefitas with our 14 yr old recent convert because she had heard about the prophets that never died and wanted to know if that was true. And she looved reading about them haha. We also challenged the other missionaries in the zone to remake a book of mormon video and it was incredible. Granada zone is producing the next T.C. Christensen you heard it here first. We also had a noche de hogar with some members and they wanted to have some refreshments so they dropped them off at our door beforehand and we still have no idea what it was. Some kind of weird jello pie cake cream thing but not at all appetizing even though i like all of those things.
Some of my favorite quotes that i studied this week:
"As we become more like Him, we will feel at home in His house, and He will feel at home in ours."
"Toda criatura viviente cumplirá con la medida de su creación"
"las negativas del Señor son sino meros preludios para un 'sí' magnifico"
"everything to do with becoming more like the Savior is difficult"
Hehe sorry that two are in Spanish. I can't think of the words to use in English so you'll just have to ask Google to translate for you. But hey my other favorite quote is "the Lord loves effort" so I'm just trying to help you out really.
I've learned a lot this week and I've grown a lot too in small ways. My testimony is stronger than ever! I love you all! Have the greatest week!
Hermana Pendleton




Comments
Post a Comment