I think today I experienced the most anxiety that I have ever felt. And that is because I finally ventured into the big wide world. I made a quick visit to the grocery store where I did a really good job of making a fool of myself because all the food i was buying wouldn't fit in my little basket cart and so it all kept falling out and by the end, I had very full arms and I was trying to drag my little basket at the same time and trying to also maintain social distancing so I didn't get yelled at, but I couldn't see because of my armful of things and my homemade mask kept either falling off or sliding up over my eyes. Good times. But I did successfully make it out with all my purchases.
Other than that, it's been a very good week! On Tuesday, as many of you might've seen, we started out the week right with a Facebook live cooking show and so we had very much a plethora of brownies. But don't worry, we got rid of them pretty quick :) we also made ourselves homemade masks because they're a requirement now if we go outside. My companion was measuring and cutting and pinning and i just kind of winged it haha but it turned out alright. Gets the job done.
Oh hahah funny little highlight of the week, on like Wednesday night, I was saying comp prayer right before we went to bed, and i must've been really tired, because all the sudden i woke up and looked at hna coles and she looked back and we were both really confused. I was like, "did i just fall asleep?" and she was like, "i thought i just missed the amen." and she just thought i had started saying my personal prayer. Haha. Gotta say thats the first time ive fallen asleep while praying out loud.
And we had two little milagros wirhembers this week! We were able to call and talk to this member menos activo named sofia. Sofia has a daughter named sofia. We have been working with Sofia the younger ever since i got to malaga but a couple weeks before the quarantine, she was really struggling because her mom was telling her not to go to church because she needed to spend time with the family. And because of other things that have happened, Sofia the elder didn't have the desire to come to church or let her daughter go. Right about when the quarantine started, sofia the younger stopped answering us, and we tried a lot of things. Come to find out, she actually had the virus! (first person i actually knew that got it) so we texted sofia the elder to see if there was anything we could do for them. We've been in contact with them and we were able to call and share a scripture with them this last week. As we were talking to Sofia the elder, we asked how her book of mormon reading was going. She said she was in second nefi and she just couldn't wait for all of this to end so we could talk more about it at church. I was floored! And as we talked to sofia the younger, she sounded happier than she's ever been! Milagraaazo!
Also our favorite little recent convert, belén, has entered into her teenage years and we could never get her to read her scriptures because one of the elders had mentioned that he had never studied the scriptures until he was on his mission so she figured she could do the same. And none of our convincing or testifying seemed to do the trick. Buuuut, during the quarantine, there's been another member who's been living with them and now they have a regular ven sigueme session every week! And we've been video calling her a couple times a week to read different scripture stories with her. On thursday, when we called to read with her, she excitedly told us that she's started reading on her own too! Ahhh I was so proud of her. It really does show the effect of planting and nurturing the seed. But she had to do it herself!
On Sunday we got to listen to some fun French lessons because we're calling in some extra help for Mathias. But he loves it! And i catch a few words here and there and the spirit speaks the rest so its a good time.
Its been a good week! And more good to come! Love you all so much and i hope you have an incredible week too!
Hermana Pendleton
Hoy es día 37 vamooooos
Comments
Post a Comment