Skip to main content

I cut my hair!!

Haha made you look. I really did get my hair cut though. But just two inches. 

Well. This week we sucked flan, made Nutella and jelly sandwiches with our feet and stuffed 20 olives in our mouth three times. We also are now teaching Spanish to a couple Arabic people and it is a party they're hilarious.

On Thursday we had a ward activity about family history and we learned that when a Spanish last name ends in -ez, -az, or -iz it means "hijo de" or son of. It's like Johnson in English- son of John. But instead of the son of John it's the son of Hernando :) fun stuff! 

We put a couple on fecha for January 11 so we're really excited to keep working with them! They're also very excited and they have the cutest little family! We also had a cita with our friend Mirna and she is sooo cute. Missionaries visited her mom when she was little and so she remembers quite a bit and she has so much motivation to learn! She even set up the next cita with us. Nobody does that haha.

We also had a hilarious cita with our friend Maura. We had planned to teach the restoration and watch the Joseph Smith movie. It went just a liiiitle bit of track. We were with her and 5 other members in a noche de hogar and let's just say they all wanted so much to help answer her questions that we ended up nowhere close to where we started. But two hours later, we gave her a book of mormon and invited her to read and pray about it and she was very excited about it. So all's well that ends well :)

Also this week it rained sooooo much. And our water heater stopped working for a day. But we're still here surviving and thriving. We've been having a lot more success in our street contacting and we found a couple new friends who we'll be meeting with this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes.

This week I've been thinking a lot about how much I love the scriptures. They are such a treasure and a gift that we have been given and we can learn so much every single day. I came across the following verses: 

"And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children." 

"Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard."

As I read those verses, it really hit home. I love the book of Mormon so much. That is something that has really grown during the mission. I can really feel my soul delighting in the things I'm learning and feeling every day. I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES! I hope you all do too. And I invite you to find a new favorite scripture this week. Celebrate Thanksgiving for me by studying the scriptures a little more :)

I love you all! Count your many blessings tomorrow and every day!

Hermana Pendleton 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...