Skip to main content

Week 2 in the MTC

I've successfully made it through my second week as a missionary! It just gets better every day. Last week my mom sent me a pumpkin pie for pi-day and everyone got a pretty good kick out of that so thanks mom ;) We taught our first lesson yesterday!! It feels so good to actually be putting into practice what we've been learning here. Hermana Marler and I taught a cute middle aged lady from Costa Rica named Hazel who is confused and just wants to figure out how she can develop a relationship with God and Jesus Christ which is exactly what we want to help her with so I'm super excited. We meet with her again on friday so I'll let you know how it goes next week.

This week's Tuesday devotional was General Authority Claudio R M Costa and his wife and it was incredible. He talked to us about how ever since the day he was baptized (as a convert), he has not had a single bad day. Sure there are difficult things he's had to go through, but Heavenly Father's plan is the plan of happiness and when we have faith in him and trust in his plan, we have no reason not to feel happy every single day. That's what the gospel of Jesus Christ does for people and I'm so excited to share that!

Last night we got together with all the other hermanas in our zone and reenacted a picture that all the elders had taken on one of their birthdays and it was pretty entertaining. I'll attach it below.

Some of my favorite things I heard this week in class are the two following thoughts:

When someone prays to God and asks for patience, does he give them patience? No. He gives them an opportunity to develop patience. (I think that one comes from Evan Almighty)

Every single person you come in contact with is a person with needs.

Just some things that have changed my perspective and helped me focus on my purpose as a missionary. Thanks for all the emails, I love hearing about everyone's lives! I love you all!

Hermana Pendleton






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...