Hi everyone!!
This last week has been amazing! It's a constant spiritual power hose here at the MTC and I love it so much! I've already learned so much in the past 7 days it's crazy. I'm loving the Spanish and they've already taught us how to pray and bear testimony and begin teaching so I'm super excited about that. My companion's name is Hermana Marler; she's from central California and we get along super well! We're a lot alike so that's nice. My teachers here at the MTC are incredible and I love learning from them. They are so good at inviting the spirit into a room and helping us see things about the gospel that we never would have thought at this point in our lives.
I had the opportunity to watch the "Character of Christ" talk by Elder Bednar and I would encourage you all to watch it but it is MTC exclusive apparently so Lo siento. (WRITTEN TALK) (AUDIO) But his message was focused mainly on turning outward; getting over ourselves and focusing on others. That is something that we talk about daily here at the MTC because that's what missionary work is all about. Wise words from mi padre- "It's all about love."
I also had the great experience of singing in the MTC choir led by Brother Ryan Eggett who is very entertaining and very good at what he does. I never thought I could learn so much from one hour of choir practice but he teaches us so much about the history of each song and gives so much meaning to the lyrics. If any of you are feeling like you want to hear a sad but moving story this week, search up some facts about the brother who wrote "More Holiness Give Me." I forgot his name already, but he lived an incredible life. (PHILIP BLISS)
I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he loves us all so much! He wants us to be the best versions of ourselves that we could possibly be, but we can only do that through his help!
I love you all so much!
Hermana Pendleton



Comments
Post a Comment