Skip to main content

I guess this is goodbye :'(

Well, I've gotta say, this week has been one for the books. It's very weird to think that it's over. I don't think it has hit me yet, and I don't think it will till I'm all the way there, but every last second counts.

The week has been filled with lots of milagros and lots of lágrimas. We got to visit lots of members and people that I've worked with during my 9 months here in Málaga and we had some good last moments. One of the hardest Goodbyes was the menos activa Roxana that we've been working with. I've seen her go through so much progress and lessons with her have also been very testimony strengthening experiences for me. When I told her I was leaving, she instantly started crying and ah it just broke my heart. It helped me realize part of my purpose for staying here in Málaga for so long. If all I did was help her, it was all worth it. Just now as I'm writing this, the "I found my friend" story comes to mind if you know it. If not, let me know and I'll share it with you. But I just have such a strong testimony about how the gospel of Jesus christ really does change us. Even when we don't realize it. If we do the little things every day and we open up our hearts and let in the spirit, He works wonders and makes so much more of us than what we can make of us. (not something I saw only Roxana experience but me as well).

A blessing of being back at church here in the south is that I got to see a lot of the members before leaving which wouldn't have been possible otherwise. They're all so sweet and so great. Mostly just women because all the priesthood holders stay home still, but they're all so cute. I'm gonna miss them.

On Saturday we had a lot of really good lessons with Amigos. We had fredy por la mañana and we invited him to be baptized, he didn't really react, but he didn't react badly so we're taking it as a good sign, so keep fredy in your prayers! :) (also a bird may or may not have pooped on my head during that lesson. Really good.) and we had a videollamada lesson with our amiga Vanessa and a miembro named Carla helped us out. Also so precious. She is so prepared so I'm excited for her. And then we had Indara, our 12 year old Amiga malagueña and I mean malagueña. She is literally so hilarious and she loves talking to us. She texts us all the time and calls us because she loves talking with gente de Dios. And she hasn't been raised with her religion and she can't quite figure out if God exists, but she really wants to know. We talked about the plan of salvation with her and then she said the closing prayer. What she said was so precious. She asked God to open her mind so that she could believe in Him. It made me smile and I felt her little spirit just shining. She's gonna do great things.

After packing, we came up to Madrid yesterday and today I did some last minute sight seeing in Toledo with my MTC comp Hermana Marler (party!!) because I'd never been there and it's a classic and we got some good tapas and helado and looked at lots of swords.

Pero bueno, I hope you all know how strong a testimony I have of the message of hope and gospel of Jesus christ that I've been sharing for the last 18 months. There's nothing that could be better. I'm so grateful for this time that I've had (even though it flies by faster than should be physically possible) to learn and grow and meet people and help them get on the path that leads back to their Heavenly Father. Y más que nada, I'm grateful for my Savior. He's the reason I'm here. He's the reason why I can be happy. Why I am happy. And I'm forever grateful for the mission because it's helped me get to know Him. As you help others do that same thing every single day, you feel more love than ever before and even though there can be hard moments, you can never sacrifice too much or work too hard because he already did it all and He's there in every moment.

I love Spain, I love these people, and I love the Lord. I'm really gonna miss it. (not the Lord of course, he'll still be around). The only thing that makes leaving slightly better is that I'll be seeing you all shortly. I love you all! Gracias for everything you do to help the work along! Hasta pronto! 

Hermana Pendleton 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...