On Friday we had brunch with the German family in our ward (the elders can never remember their actual name and it gets crazier every time--it's actually just vierbuchen) and jolín it was the fanciest breakfast I have ever eaten and I was in heaven because breakfast is my favorite food! (along with potatoes). We had German croissants, toast, chocolate waffles, parfait, hashbrowns, sausage, citrus fruits, salad (who eats salad for breakfast though), portabella something or other, scrambled eggs, hot chocolate, orange juice, and cake to end the meal. Literally best thing ever. And their house was adorable! They live next door to the mission president. As we walked in I was soaking it all in. Most German Spanish house ever and everything was beautiful and their house was huge (and houses basically don't exist here in spain) and we even got to meet their maid. And their dog. They're our favorite people.
We also had zone conference this week and it was sooo good! We talked about our role as disciples of Jesus Christ and everything that we are and can become. Our mission leaders are THE BEST! And I'm so excited for Christmas! We also had the talent show as Christmas celebration and it was hilarious. Some people sang or whistled or told jokes (somebody might have been talked into doing a short clogging number), the mission president came in dressed as Santa Claus haha and then our zone to finish it off we did a skit imitating the office elders of the mission and it was a hit! It was a good time and then after we got to watch a slide show with pictures of all the baptisms that have happened this year in our mission and it was incredible. The spirit was so strong and it was so cool to see all those happy faces and just know that that is why we are here. To help those people find that never ending happiness that only their Savior can give them. As our Christmas gift, President and hermana Bussey gave us books of Mormon (because we don't already have enough of those) and special journals and invited us to read through the book of Mormon again, as focused as we can be on christ and everything we can learn about him, and record all our thoughts and impressions in the journals as we go. I'll be starting January 1st (because I just finished Alma so I'm gonna hurry and finish before starting again) so if anyone would like to join me, feel free :)
Our friend Adriely came back from her trip to the United States! She originally had a baptismal Fecha for November before leaving in September but then extended her stay and so didn't get back until last week. So we're excited to start working with her again and hopefully set a new Fecha soon.
We also met our friend Gabriel this week. Haha he is hilarious. He brought cake to our Cita to share with us. He volunteers at a restaurant that is in a Hari Krishna temple and the only reason I know what that is is because I'm from Spanish fork and he thought it was super cool that there was one there. I didn't even know that religion existed here but that's cool. He also had a loaf of bread just chilling in his backpack. Like without wrapper or anything and I just got a kick out of it haha idk. But he was meeting with the elders about a year ago and he is really excited to meet with us again so everybody pray for him!
Yesterday we had a ward activity to watch the christ child video and we are also going around and showing it to all of the families individually and inviting them to invite their friends to watch it because it is so amazing. I have now seen that video very many times and it just gets better every single go through. Even if you've already watched it I invite you to watch it again bacause I guarantee you'll learn something new!
Anyways it's been a really good week! This week just remember that a perfect, resurrected being died for you and then chose to keep reminders of you in the palms of his hands because that's how much he loves you. And every time he uses those hands, he thinks about you and is aware of you.
I love you too! Have a good week, it's almost Christmas!!
Hermana Pendleton
Oh and shout-out to the best family ever because they sent me a Christmas package advent calendar style and it's adorable.
Comments
Post a Comment