Skip to main content

How are you? Muy bien, gracias!

Hola, que tal todo!? What a week it has been. Oh and real quick update on the whole flood situation since I realized I never informed you all on how it all worked out haha woops. Well the water heater seems to be working. It's still up and doesn't make any weird noises so that's a good sign. We don't have as much hot water now and the pressure is always really low but that's better than our previous problem so I'm not complaining. We finally moved our toaster and blender back into the kitchen, but all of the pots and pans and the microwave are still on the living room floor so that's a party. Oh and  Hugo is still alive and thriving and even invited us over for dinner to meet his wife; and we're thinking about leaving him our favorite book as a thank you gift. :) 

Oh and our friend Maximo told us that he didn't want to meet with us anymore so that's upsetting but don't worry we're gonna do our best to get him back. We also had another día de encontrar with the whole Madrid mission on Saturday and there were miracles everywhere! The whole mission fasted together on Thursday and prayed to find those who are ready to receive the gospel. And oh boy did we find a lot of them. Within our district we found 18 and as a zone we found 74. I still don't have the number as a whole mission but I've already heard so many miracles. We experienced some ourselves. Knocking doors doesn't generally work in Spain because people live in big apartment buildings that are really hard to get into. But we picked out a few at "random" and the door was always open. And in every single one of those buildings, the very first door we knocked was somebody who was willing to hear our message; and we're really praying that they're gonna stay and hear it out to the end. And we got thrown out of a building by a very angry woman only once :) 

This last week was my very first experience with intercambios and it was amazing!! We have incredible sister training leaders and I learned so much. And I got to work with some friends who are getting baptized this next week and it was so neat to hear their sweet testimonies. I also learned some good lessons about confidence from them because they fearlessly speak to those around them with no care in the world about messing up. That's a disciple of christ. 

At church yesterday, we had about 30 visiting  Americans show up and that was a weird experience. We're not really a touristy town but I guess the father of this family had a lot to do with the beginnings of the church here in Madrid so they were coming back to celebrate the 50 years. I feel like I havent seen that many English speaking people in a long time and my two worlds were combining a little bit. I also think I forgot how to have a decent get to know you conversation in English so maybe I should brush up on that a little in my next language study. 

Today for pday we went to Sol, which is the very center of Madrid and the very center of Spain and did an escape room with the zone. Luckily it was in English or else we never would have made it out haha. Transfers are next week so it was sad to say goodbye to some of the missionaries who are going home but most of them are going to byu so maybe I'll be able to see them again someday haha. 

I had a really sweet experience this week. I was reading my patriarchal blessing and I became very deeply aware of the fact  that my father in heaven is very aware of me and knows me perfectly. And I can testify that He loves each and every one of us and knows each and every one of us better than we know ourselves. He just can't help us out until we let him because he's never going to take away our agency. The thing our savior wants most is for us to want to be like him. He wants us to want him. I came across a quote this week that said "if we want to be as the Savior is, we must be as the Savior was." and how true that is. In order to partake of that celestial glory, we must become Him in every sense. Sometimes that sounds daunting, but when we truly understand everything he did for us, we can't help but try. 

I love you all so much and challenge you to do something this week that helps you remember the Savior a little more! 

Hermana Pendleton 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles save us

This week we just did a nice little tour of the south, which was very nice because all the other cities aren't as hot as malaga plus all the other hermanas pisos have air conditioning haha. We went from malaga to fuengirola to ronda to Jaén to Granada and back to malaga. And when we finally stepped of the bus back in malaga, the heat hit and humidity hit us harder than ever and we had already started back on filling those lakes just on our short walk back to piso. I love Málaga. On all of our very long bus rides we got very hungry but you're not allowed to eat on the buses because of Mascarillas. And the only food item we ever had was Pringles because it's the only good thing they sell at bus stations, so we would just slide one under the mask and into our mouths every few minutes when nobody was looking so we didn't starve to death. We really know how to do things right. When we were in Jaen on intercambios, we visited this cute member family. And like I said, they wer...

Rondaaaa

This week was a partyyyy! On Tuesday, our favorite members, Ana y Fernando, wanted to take us to their favorite buffet in fuengirola, but when we got there, the original buffet no longer exists, but in its place was a sushi buffet haha. So we went. First time sushi eater here. But my dear sweet little companion helped me pick the things that weren't gonna kill me so I very much appreciated that. And then Ana just Had to buy us these little owl family souvenirs with their names as the parents and me and Hermana Larsen as the children hahaha (pictured below) they're so sweet.  We had a Cita this week with an amiga named Joy. She's an amiga of the malaga 2 hermanas, but they're both Latinas and Joy doesn't speak Spanish so we're helping them out. She's so sweet. They had planned to teach her about. she evangelio de Jesucristo, the pasos that we have to take in this life, and invite her to be baptized. We started talking about the first paso, faith, and I asked ...

Lakes to slightly smaller lakes

A nice little heat wave from Africa came in the last couple days. In the form of very very hot wind. But it did take down the humidity levels from our normal 85%. So instead of sweating lakes all day, we are sweating slightly smaller lakes. Feeling very blessed. Except for actually not having the humidity for a day felt very strange. I felt like I was about to shrivel up from dehydration. Vamos a ver what utah does to me haha. But it's been a really good week! We had two intercambios which means a week full of parties and lots of lessons and lots of learning. Always so much fun. We have a friend named Sebastián and we were finally able to meet with him in person to give him a book of Mormón. He was so excited to have one and right after the lesson he was gonna head to the beach to lay out and read the book of mormón. But we ended up giving him two books because he wanted to share one with his mom as well. Que máquina! We also met with our friend Fredy and he came to church yesterda...